Rules and Regulations
All games played at Harry Barker Reserve (pitches 1-9) and Nelson Road
Games will commence at 5.30 pm. The first team with all players present decides whether to bat or bowl, otherwise decision by toss of coin.
Local Rules – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. Eight players per side.
2. Each innings consist of 16 – 6 ball overs.
3. A maximum of three overs per bowler (no more than 2 bowlers to bowl 3 overs).
4. A batsman must retire at the end of the over in which they reach 30 runs except where a side has only one wicket left.
5. No L.B.W. rule, except after a warning when a batsman is deliberately standing in front of their wickets.
6. BOWLING IS TO BE SENSIBLE – taking into account the quality of the wicket and the ability of the batsman. If a batsman smacks you for 3 boundaries in a row, by all means speed it up a bit! Length of run-up is not relevant – Sir Richard Hadlee could take one pace and knock your head off. Tony Fox or John Gardner could take 30 paces (if they survived that much exercise) and still not be a danger to a one legged blind girl.
7. First team fielding sets the boundaries. (Umpires decision binding)
8. Captains may agree on other “local rules” if they choose prior to the start of the game.
9. Apart from 1-8 above, normal cricket rules apply.
All teams supply their own gear. Teams are to decide on which ball to use and this is to be used for both innings.
ALL FEES ARE TO BE PAID TO IRENE (Air New Zealand Team) AT THE PAVILLION ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS. Fees are $200 per team. Receipts will be issued.
There will be no cancellations if games are “rained out” or otherwise disrupted the bar will remain open (unless the grounds man closes the pitches).
If for any reason you are defaulting please contact your opposition and either of the below people as soon as possible. Each team captain will be given a full list of teams and contact numbers. If the team you were to play defaults to you please report to the bar area at Harry Barker by 5.20pm and we will attempt to either – a) find a team for you to play (in case of multiply defaults) or b) make up numbers in teams which are short. Dawson: 027 2404258 Mike: 8681319 or 021 231 2055.
If you have an excess or shortage of players please report to bar area and we will attempt to ensure everyone gets to play.
To assist in keeping the pavilion clean and tidy, we are asking a duty team to assist in the cleaning up each week. (note if everyone pitches in you will only have 1 turn per season).
1. Sell raffle – as soon as you get to the clubrooms.
2. Return bottles, glasses and jugs to crates for pick-up.
3. Clear tables of rubbish.
4. Wipe tables and put up chairs.
A copy of the draw will be posted in the clubrooms.
1. Nelson Park – Artificial wickets – NO Sprigs please
2. Grass Wickets – No digging of holes with the bat around crease lines
3. Please tidy up after yourselves – take all your rubbish with you
4. No glass ware (bottles included) on the grounds please.
5. Please use the toilet facilities available at the venues.
HAVE FUN AND DON’T FORGET TO TELL ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN HOW GREAT MERCANTILE CRICKET IS.